When it's that time of the month and a heavy period interferes with your lifestyle, it's time to take action.
You Will Need
* Extra sleep
* A record of your period's intensity and frequency
* A doctor
* A low-fat, high-fiber diet
Get extra rest if your bleeding is severe and disruptive to your normal schedule or lifestyle.
Record the number of pads and tampons you use so your doctor can determine if the amount of bleeding is excessive.
Avoid aspirin because it interferes with blood clotting. Ibuprofen is often more effective than aspirin in relieving menstrual discomforts.
Adjust your diet to lessen the effects of a heavy menstrual cycle. Studies show a low-fat, high-fiber diet reduces menstrual cramping.
Limit your salt intake. Also restrict your caffeine, sugar, and alcohol consumption.
Seek medical assistance if bleeding intensifies or is accompanied by excessive pain or unusual discharge.
Fact: Sanitary napkins were first sold commercially in 1895.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades